Economist Stiglitz Hammers Assault on Social Spending, Pro-Rich Tax Cuts
I listen to Economist Joseph Stiglitz on YouTube from time to time. This interview with Democracy Now should set your hair on fire.
Note: I just rcd my copy of Vanity Fair & will report after I read Stiglitz article.
This week Republicans unveiled a budget proposal for 2012 that cuts more than $5.8 trillion in government spending over the next decade. The plan calls for sweeping changes to Medicaid and Medicare, while reducing the top corporate and individual tax rates to 25 percent.
We speak to Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz, who addresses the growing class divide taking place in the United States and inequality in a new Vanity Fair article titled “Of the 1, by the 1, for the 1%.” Stiglitz is a professor at Columbia University and author of numerous books, most recently Freefall: America, Free Markets, and the Sinking of the World Economy. “It’s not just that the people at the top are getting richer,” Stiglitz says. “Actually, they’re gaining, and everybody else is decreasing… And right now, we are worse than old Europe.” [includes rush transcript] Go there now;
COPYRIGHT 2011 FAIR USE LAW APPLIES TO ORIGINAL CONTENT AND ALL EXCERPTED MATERIAL ON THIS SITE.
About Path to Well-Being
IT HAS A NAME! — BUY THE PRINT VERSION HERE
KINDLE BOOK VERSION
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Essay: Self-Reliance in the 21st Century
- Clarification of Narcissism, Response to LA Times Daum Op-Ed
- Carl Jung: Journey to Self-Discovery
- Self-talk: Undoing Verbal Abuse
- Confronting Narcissism: Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers
- Corporatism: Oligarchy or Fascism
- Ignorance of Ignoring War & Oppression
- Smart Meters and Tinnitus Controversy
- The Curious Case of NOVA and David H. Koch
- About Me